Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Countdown Continues....

     Guess what?--There are only 5 weeks (35 and 1/2 more days) left until we leave and there's still so much to do!  However, I have completed/crossed off a few things on my "to do list".
Necessary clothing for Puerto Rico purchased--Check.
Hepatitis A shot--Check.
Received all of my financial support--Check.
Photo Id--Check.
Collecting school items to take to PR--Check.
A list of things I need to take--Check.
Since a fraction of the pressure has been lifted--new "worries" have presented themselves.  I'm finally beginning to feel slightly anxious now--I've never flown on a jet before so that's slightly unnerving, I've never been away from my family for more than a few days, and I've certainly never left the country before!
     Also, the issue of my signing all day long seems rather tedious to me since I'm not a fluent signer--but with the grace of God and the help of my wonderful team--I'm sure things will go well.
     Apart from my nervousness, I just received an great email saying that there's a possibility that we may be facilitating 20 students at the VBS instead of the original 15!  And our VBS t-shirts have been ordered.
     I am also participating in 2 of the 5 skits that our team is preforming for the VBS.  They are strictly in ASL(American Sign Language) so now I need to spend a lot more time practicing to sign my lines.
     We covet your prayers as we prepare to depart on the mission to which God has called us.

No comments:

Post a Comment