Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Leavin' on a jet plane....

Oh my gosh--I still can't believe that we leave tomorrow!  I have been waiting for this day since the middle of February when everything seemed to take forever, leaving me wondering if June would ever get here.  Time seemed to tick sluggishly by until the past three weeks or so when everything suddenly became a flurry of activity.  I anxiously stare at the calendar willing the days to hurry and it seems as if everything is taking its good ol' time--but at the same time, as I rush around packing and saying good-bye to loved ones, our departure date seems to be steadily approaching! 
     Things have been falling nicely into place:  Most of my farewells have been said, my bags are finally packed, my chores are being handed over to my sweet little brothers, and I am rearin' to go!!  (I'm just a little excited--could ya tell?!  I was up until about 1:00 o'clock this morning, so excited I couldn't sleep!)
    Yup, there's only 26 1/2 hours until I say farewell to my dear family and embark on the journey God is sending me on!  I can't get over how blessed I am to be a part of this amazing team and I'm so excited to see what all God is going to do in Puerto Rico!  I cannot adequately express my gratitude that He chose me to be part of the team who will be showing His love to those who may never have heard of Christ before!  (What an honor!)
     So as the time for our departure is growing nearer, there are many things that I could easily worry about, but as I work on trusting Him, I am amazed at the peace He has given me as I prepare for this incredible trip.  I am filled with awe as I experience His presence and as He forms within me a heart of compassion.
     Yet again, I just want to thank my wonderful OACF family for everything they've done for me before and during this trip!  I love and thank you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment