Friday, June 22, 2012

Saying farewell....

Agh, I cannot believe that today is the last of our nine days in Puerto Rico!  Where has the time gone?  We had to say good-bye to all of our kids yesterday.  This was a very sad and difficult affair, but I trust that they had a good time here at the VBS and that they get a revelation of God's never-ending love--and saying farewell to Betsy and the rest of the ESD staff will be equally difficult for us tomorrow!
     So after most of the kids went home yesterday afternoon, half of the team drove two and a half hours to take a deaf family who participated in our VBS, back to their home in the mountains while the rest of the team stayed behind, cleaning and packing.  We got much accomplished, but what we didn't get done, will be done tomorrow before we leave.
     We will arrive at the San Juan airport at two in the afternoon and our flight is scheduled to depart at four o'clock pm.  I am very reluctant to leave, but am however, already dreaming of another trip to this wonderful place!
     But enough talk about leaving--Its making me really sad!  So I'll talk instead about what we did today....This morning our team went to the rain forest and most of us hiked the mountain and swam in the waterfall.  The rain forest was absolutely beautiful!  I find it so fascinating that there can be amazing beaches, dry sand and palm trees, rough mountain terrain, and moist rain forests all on one island!  That's so neat!
     But wait--there's more....that's not all we did today!  After exploring the rain forest, we went to the beach where we rode a motor boat to a nearby island and...Snorkeled!  Yeah--For my first time snorkeling, I really enjoyed it.  I saw lots of fish and other sea creatures first-hand that I have only ever read about!  We snorkeled and swam for hours and many of us got sunburned--but it was worth it--to me at least!
     Leaving Puerto Rico is inevitable, but it will always be in my thoughts and in my heart no matter where I am!  I hope to return at some point in the very near future!

 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment